Commonwealth Land Trust acquired Crawford Street in 1992. Crawford Street is a 24-unit single room occupancy property located on the border of Roxbury and Dorchester. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and residential, while still convenient to urban centers, shopping areas, and bus routes. Many units are reserved for formerly homeless and disabled individuals who receive on-site case management services.
- Walking distance to shops, public transportation, and parks
- All rooms have hardwood floors and storage space
- Each unit comes furnished with a bed, dresser, nightstand, refrigerator, and sink
- There are seven handicapped accessible units
- A spacious kitchen, living room, and bathrooms are shared
- Laundry facilities are available on site
ON-SITE SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
Residents benefit from the presence of an on-site medical case manager who maintains an open door policy and helps residents to address their medical, social, and financial challenges. A supportive housing manager is available to assist residents with tenancy-related concerns. Events and activities are held at Crawford Street, including holiday parties, barbecues, a weekly coffee hour, and quarterly educational sessions featuring a guest speaker. Overnight/weekend staff provides coverage.
To meet for a housing assessment and tour of Crawford Street, please contact Steve Wilkins at 617-445-4075 x208 or via email at email@example.com.