CATEGORY: Security/Social Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Safety & Stability Manager
Location: Boston and Lawrence
- Demonstrated ability to work comfortably and effectively with people of varying racial/ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, language, socio-economic differences and/or a diverse approach to life on a long term basis.
- Experience or education relevant to working in a residential setting. Experience working with dual-diagnosed individuals, mental health and substance abuse issues preferred.
- Residential experience in a health, inpatient, caregiver, and or clinical setting preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally
- Ability to safely de-escalate, respond to, and prevent crisis situations with minimal supervision
- AVADE training certified or willingness/capability to obtain certification upon being hired.
- Must have some computer skills and be able to formulate incident reports
- Ability to work empathetically with residents with special needs while ensuring that dignity, respect and compassion is maintained in all situations.
- Help to foster and promote a positive and harmonious atmosphere at the house by presence, action and word.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends up to 20 hours
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, comply with privacy requirements and maintain compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
Duties/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- Monitor access, activity and safety within the building after hours.
- Work with clinical and live in support staff to establish “best practices” for interventions involving unauthorized guests, excessive noise, inappropriate behavior, trespassers, etc.
- Respond to incidents in collaboration with live-in staff and Senior Stability Coordinator
- Complete daily logs, incident reports, and all other required documentation in an accurate and timely manner including building walk-through reports, camera logs, and other shift related documentation.
- Make notification calls to the police, fire department and other first responders as needed or directed.
- Gain and maintain professional credibility with local first responding organizations.
- Complete all mandatory staff and safety trainings
- Operate video surveillance equipment
- Complete resident and facility checks to ensure that residents are not at risk and that the facility is free of potential hazards during the shift and document in the daily logs
- Conduct and document physical security inspections of premises and report issues to Maintenance and Senior Stability Coordinator.
- Report and document any critical equipment outages, failures or disruptions (camera, fire, safety, etc.) to Maintenance and Senior Stability Coordinator by end of shift.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor