Bowdoin Manor is a 120-unit single room occupancy property located in Boston’s historic Beacon Hill neighborhood. Owned and managed by Commonwealth Land Trust, Windsor House is home to formerly homeless and very low-income individuals who receive on-site case management services.
Bowdoin Manor underwent major capital improvements from 2011-2012.
- Masonry repairs
- Roof replacement
- Extensive exterior work
- Upgrades made to electric and fire safety systems
- Interior reconfiguration to improve egress and accessibility
- New windows with trim designed to match historic features
- Renovated bathrooms (new showers and plumbing fixtures)
- Enhanced laundry facilities with energy efficient washers and dryers
- Installation of energy efficient heating system
Commonwealth Land Trust’s board, staff, and residents are thankful to the City of Boston and Wainwright Bank and Trust for helping to make these improvements possible. The Bowdoin Manor construction project has provided our formerly homeless residents with a more comfortable, modern, and environmentally friendly home.